- How long is the Summer Summit Program?
- Is there a fee to participate in the Summit Summit Program?
- Who is the Summer Summit Program for? Can my parents participate?
- What type of activities will be planned?
Applying to Participate:
- Who is eligible to participate in the program?
- How do I apply to participate in the program?
- Upon submission of my application, am I guaranteed as a participant of the program?
- When is the last day to submit the application?
- How will I know that I have been accepted into the Summer Summit Program?
- Where will I be staying?
- Will you be providing transportation?
- Which meals will be provided?
- Do we have to stay at the program the entire time?
How long is the Summer Summit Program?
The Summer Summit Program is a 6-day, 7-night program. The program will start on Sunday, July 23rd and end on Sunday, July 30th.
Is there a fee to participate in the Summer Summit Program?
This program is offered to you at no cost! All meals and housing will be provided at no charge. It is advised that participants bring money to purchase any snacks and souvenirs.
Who is the Summer Summit Program for? Can my parents participate?
This program is limited to 10th, 11th, and 12th grade high school students of San Diego County. Unfortunately parents and families will not be able to participate in the Summer Summit Program as the program is designed strictly for high school students.
What type of activities will be planned?
Participants will have the opportunity to experience residential life on a university. A campus tour, workshops, social activities will be provided. Participants will also be interacting with various campus resources such as student organizations, community centers, departments, and other student services.
Applying to Participate:
Who is eligible for the Summer Summit Program?
Due to our limited capacity, we are only able to accept applications from students who meet this criteria:
- Be a 10th-12th grade high school student (at the start of your fall semester 2017) of San Diego County; AND
- Be a 1st-Generation College Student: Parent/guardian(s) did not graduate from a four-year college or university within the United States; OR
- Reside in a Low-Income Household: Families must meet income eligibility criteria as defined by Federal guidelines. Annual income must fall below 185% of the federal poverty level. In order to assess this, students must provide information about household size and parent(s)/guardian(s) annual income for 2016.
Again, due to limited capacity, we will prioritize spots for students that meet the qualifications listed above. Students that are not first generation or from low income households are still welcomed to apply.
How do I apply to participate in the program?
Complete the online application (available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/siaps2017) by 11:59pm on Sunday, June 18th.
For your reference, we highly recommend that you preview the application here before you begin in order to prepare for your responses.
Upon submission of my application, am I guaranteed as a participant of the program?
No. Upon review of your application, we will send you a confirmation e-mail indicating whether or not we are able to accommodate you into the program. If you have been accepted into the program or placed on the waitlist.
When is the last day to submit the application?
The deadline to submit the application is 11:59pm on Sunday, June 18th.
How will I know that I have been accepted into the Summer Summit Program?
You will receive an email regarding the status of your application.
Where will I be staying?
Summer Summit participants will be staying within a suite in a residential hall in one of UC San Diego’s 6 colleges. Each suite will be overseen by a Summer Summit Resource Advisor. We will have professional staff members residing in the building as well.
Will you be providing transportation?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide transportation to UC San Diego. Please visit Visitor Parking for transportation alternatives.
Which meals will be provided?
We will be providing meals starting with Sunday Dinner and ending with Sunday Lunch.
Do we have to stay at the program the entire time?
Your decision to participate in the Summer Summit Program implies that you will be available to participate for the entire duration of the program. This is a rare opportunity to participate in a program such as this given to only a select number of students. You will be expected to participate in all activities and thus, we will not accept students who cannot commit to the full 6 days and 7 nights of the program.
Need more information? Please contact SPACES by phone: (858)534-7330 or e-mail: email@example.com