What are High School Conferences?
SPACES works in collaboration with registered student organizations to offer one-day conferences that provide high school and community college students the opportunity to learn more about college while networking with current UC San Diego students. The goal of these conferences is to encourage students to take action in pursuing higher education. The program typically includes keynote speakers and workshops that address a wide range of topics including: college admissions and life, career paths and options; and social, political, cultural, and educational issues. Conference attendees are also given the opportunity to interact with current college students as they participate in student-facilitated discussions.
2017-2018 High School Conferences
Pre-register for High School Conferences tinyurl.com/HSCPREREG1718
Deadline for November conferences closes on October 2, 2017.
Deadline for February conferences closes on December 29, 2017.
High School Conferences for the 2017-2018 Academic School Year
- November 11, 2017 – BSU (Black Student Union) High School Conference
- November 11, 2017 – MSA (Muslim Student Association) High School Conference
- November 12, 2017 – APSA (Asian and Pacific-Islander Student Alliance) High School Conference
- February 3, 2018 – KP (Kaibigang Pilipin@) High School Conference
- February 17, 2018 – MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chican@ de Aztlán) High School Conference
For questions, please contact email@example.com
Parents, schoolteachers, counselors, and community organizations, please contact Joseph Ruanto-Ramirez, SPACES SIAPS Advisor ( firstname.lastname@example.org).