- How long is the Summer Summit Program?
- Is there a fee to participate in the Summit Summit Program?
- Who is the Summer Summit Program for? Can my parents participate?
- What type of activities will be planned?
Applying to Participate:
- Who is eligible to participate in the program?
- How do I apply to participate in the program?
- Upon submission of my application, am I guaranteed as a participant of the program?
- When is the last day to submit the application?
- How will I know that I have been accepted into the Summer Summit Program?
- Where will I be staying?
- Will you be providing transportation?
- Which meals will be provided?
- Do we have to stay at the program the entire time?
How long is the Summer Summit Program?
The Summer Summit Program is a 6-day, 5-night program. The program will start at 2:00pm on Sunday, July 12th and end at 1:00pm on Friday, July 17th.
Is there a fee to participate in the Summer Summit Program?
This program is offered to you at no cost! All meals and housing will be provided at no charge. It is advised that participants bring money to purchase any snacks and souvenirs.
Who is the Summer Summit Program for? Can my parents participate?
This program is limited to 10th, 11th, and 12th grade high school students of San Diego County. Unfortunately parents and families will not be able to participate in the Summer Summit Program as the program is designed strictly for high school students.
What type of activities will be planned?
Participants will have the opportunity to experience residential life on a university. A campus tour, workshops, social activities will be provided. Participants will also be interacting with various campus resources such as student organizations, community centers, departments, and other student services.
Applying to Participate:
Who is eligible for the Summer Summit Program?
Due to our limited capacity, we are only able to accept applications from students who meet this criteria:
- Be a 10th-12th grade high school student (As of Fall 2014) in the San Diego Region; AND
- All students must meet (1) of the following criteria:
- Be a 1st-Generation College Student: Parent/guardian(s) did not graduate from a four-year college or university within the United States; OR
- Reside in a Low-Income Household: Families must meet income eligibility criteria as defined by Federal guidelines. Annual income must fall below 185% of the federal poverty level. Please click here to view the Federal poverty guidelines. All applicants must submit a copy of their parents’ or guardians’ 2014 Income Tax Return (Form 1040). Student must be listed as a dependent on the Form 1040 that is submitted to us. If they do not have a 2014 Income Tax Return available, please submit letter explaining their financial situation, regardless of household income level. This document must be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 858-534-7204 by May 31st.
How do I apply to participate in the program?
The student application for the 2015 Summer Summit Program is now available! Click here for more information. Applications are due by 11:59pm on Sunday, May 31st.
Upon submission of my application, am I guaranteed as a participant of the program?
No. Upon review of your application, we will send you a confirmation e-mail indicating whether or not we are able to accommodate you into the program. If you have been accepted into the program or placed on the waitlist.
When is the last day to submit the application?
The deadline to submit the application was 11:59pm on May 31st.
How will I know that I have been accepted into the Summer Summit Program?
You will receive an email regarding the status of your application by Friday, June 12th.
Where will I be staying?
Summer Summit participants will be staying within a suite in a residential hall in one of UC San Diego’s 6 colleges. Each suite will be overseen by a Summer Summit Resource Advisor. We will have professional staff members residing in the building as well.
Will you be providing transportation?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide transportation to UC San Diego. Please visit Visitor Parking for transportation alternatives.
Which meals will be provided?
We will be providing meals starting with Sunday Dinner and ending with Friday Lunch.
Do we have to stay at the program the entire time?
Your decision to participate in the Summer Summit Program implies that you will be available to participate for the entire duration of the program. This is a rare opportunity to participate in a program such as this given to only a select number of students. You will be expected to participate in all activities and thus, we will not accept students who cannot commit to the full 6 days of the program.
Need more information? Please contact SPACES by phone: (858)534-7330 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org